Friday, January 1, 2016

One Word - Relentless

At this time of year everyone is making New Year's Resolutions and trying to find ways to become
better as people and in their work. We all know how hard it is to follow through on these resolutions, although by being disciplined and focused on our goals, we can make the changes necessary to be better.

I have always struggled with the idea of a New Year's Resolution because I feel that if you want to change your life or you want to do something different then you (as Nike says) Just Do It!  Why wait for the New Year?  If you need a resolution or a date on a calendar to change your life then there is a good chance that you won't be able to follow through on your promises.  As Pablo Picasso once said, "I am always doing things that I can't do. That is how I get to do them."  When I want something, I don't wait to do it. I just do it.

One thing that I have recently seen more of on Twitter is the notion of ONE WORD.  This comes
from the book by Jon Gordon, One Word That Will Change Your Life.  The idea is simple and helps you to simplify and focus your energy using this one word in every aspect of your work and life.  I really like this concept because of it's simplicity and because the "One Word" will hopefully, help me to transform and focus my energies. 

My One Word for 2016 is RELENTLESS!  Some who know me might say that this has always been my One Word but hopefully I can use this word to continue to focus my energies for my school and in my life in order to continue to grow and improve.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great word and I am certain that you will use it to focus your talent and energies as you bless those around you with your servant leadership! You will no doubt be relentless in pursuing those things that ultimately make life better for those you serve at school and in your community. I hope you will also be relentless in pursuing some things that bring you joy as well. :) You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete