What I am thankful for during Thanksgiving
As Principal of Slackwood Elementary School, I am thankful for:
· That are as diverse and curious as any in the state.
· That continue to show their golden hearts to each other on a daily basis.
· That have a thirst for learning that is fueled by high expectations from their teachers.
· That make me smile and laugh each day.
· That I continue to learn things from on a daily basis.
Parents of students:
· That want the best for their kids.
· That come to conferences and want to know about their children and how they can help them at home.
· That come to our events and enjoy spending time with our staff and their children.
· That continue to make Slackwood a better place to be.
· That support our amazing PTO and all of the activities that are for our kids.
Staff members at my school:
· That have high expectations for the students and equally high expectations for themselves.
· That don’t dismiss my crazy ideas and actually jump on board to make these things happen.
· That come up with ideas to make our school better and then make them happen.
· That come to work with a positive attitude every day.
· That continue to remember why we are here and always give something extra.
· That take on new initiatives (such as Danielson Evaluation or SGO’s) and despite some reservations, take the rubrics, dissect them and make themselves better teachers.
· That quietly give so much to others.
Slackwood Elementary School is such a unique and special place to work and I am thankful every day to be the Principal.
Monday, May 5, 2014
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week
In honor of teacher appreciation week I am re-posting something I wrote before Thanksgiving.